Monday, May 7, 2018

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? - May 7




It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a place to meet up and share what you have been, are and about to be reading over the week. It's a great post to organize yourself. It's an opportunity to visit and comment, and er... add to that ever growing TBR pile! So welcome in everyone. This meme started with J Kaye's Blog and then was taken up by Sheila from Book Journey. Sheila then passed it on to Kathryn at the Book Date.

How is it Monday again? Gosh, the time slips away faster and faster. Today, the hubby turns 50! How did that happen? At least he will always be two months and five days older than me. :)


Lil' Diva, hubby, & father-in-law


I've been trying desperately to keep reading a few days out of the week. It's been tough with work, but I really want to whittle away my book piles. I donated 45 books to the library book sale last week, so once I do some more reading and purging I'll have room for new ones. :) 

On Thursday, I reviewed The Pirate Bride by Kathleen Y'Barbo. Great book in a superb series. Will be tackling The Captured Bride by Michelle Griep next. Love the cover. 



I'm almost done with Hot Mess: A Practical Guide to Organizing. Once I read that, I'm done with scheduled book reviews. While I definitely have other books authors are waiting for me to review, there is nothing due by a certain date. Thank God!!!! I want to read something without having to worry about finishing it on a certain date. 

I'm also in the middle of this book:



One of my friends wrote it and I am thrilled to be part of her launch team. Look for my review of Becoming Unconsumed by Lynne Britton this week. 

After that, I might finish...


I mislaid this book in the middle of reading it. As I was going through my shelves to purge a few things, I found it. 

That's it from me this week. Hope you share what you're reading. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Jo said...

Happy 50th to your hubby, I will be 50 later this year...sigh. You did some bridal reading!! Have a great week!!

https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/05/its-monday-what-are-you-reading.html

Kathryn T said...

Yes its great not to have to read books by certain dates. Usually I am pretty good, but now and then it is a push. Nice that you found your misplaced books. The Captured Bride does have a beautiful cover. Enjoy hubby's birthday celebrations.

Becky said...

I have both The Pirate Bride and The Captured Bride waiting for me! Glad to hear you're enjoying the series! Here's my list.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for visiting, everyone. Hubby appreciates the birthday wishes. Becky, I'll have to check out your blog when you post your reviews of the next two books in that series.

pussreboots said...

Happy birthday to your husband. I'm the older of us two. He always teases me when I'm once again older than him. What am I reading?

Aj @ Read All The Things! said...

Happy birthday to your husband! Good luck with finding time to read. That has been a struggle for me lately. Have a great week!

Aj @ Read All The Things!