Thursday, March 15, 2018

Beyond the Books - St. Patrick's Day



Beyond the Books is a weekly feature hosted right by Kissin Blue Karen. Beyond the Books is a weekly writing prompt where she throws out a topic (mostly non-bookish) and others blog about it.


I won't have much to contribute to this week's theme because I don't really celebrate St. Patrick's Day. I grew up Catholic, so patron saints were a big thing, but even back then it was just another day for me. Holyoke, MA holds a large parade. I was talking to someone from Holyoke today and she said the city would pretty much be shut down this coming Sunday because of the parade and all the corresponding events. I recall many years ago--before my girls were born--going to someone's house on the parade route early in the morning for breakfast and we hung out there until the parade was over. That's probably the closest we've ever come to celebrating St. Patrick's Day.

If you want a history of the holiday, you can visit History.com

Do you celebrate St. Patrick's Day? What are some of your favorite traditions?

No comments: